Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

i was thinking of you... month two

Husband and I before our Valentine's date

February:

I made Husband a mix with all new music so he could discover some new favorite bands. I had a lot of help from a good friend who keeps up-to-date with the music scene (you were a life saver, thank you!). Husband loved it! I also made him a card with a really long mushy letter inside because I sure do love him.

Husband took the hint and printed out the card I loved. Then he pulled out a six page script entitled, "The King's Daughter, Act 1." He had written out the funny and sweet stories of our dating life up to the point where we fell in love! (King is my maiden name, thus the title). I was laughing, crying, and beaming as he read it aloud to me. He wrote it like a fairytale with me as the young maiden and him as the handsome gentleman coming to my rescue. Here is the part about our first kiss:

'He held her close in a gentle embrace and reveled in the perfect moment. He looked into her eyes and saw that she returned his affections and (though the girl would likely deny this) looked at his lips longingly. The young man understood the subtle hint, drew closer to her, and in a moment of amorous affection, their lips met and they shared a heavenly kiss.'

Pure poetry! :) I really love it and am so glad to have these memories written down. I can't wait for the many, many Acts of our life to come!

Note: Husband and I sat down at the beginning of the year to write down our goals. We broke down our lives into different categories one of which was 'our relationship.' Among other things, we decided to surprise one another each month with a small gift or act of service that costs little to nothing. The point being that we would be thinking about the other person and how we could make life for them a little easier, love them a little more, or make them happy in some little way. Because sometimes its hard to forget about yourself. So this is a series of posts documenting how we do - partly to make sure we do it.

See month one here.

1 comment:

  1. very cute picture and what a great idea to make the CD mix and for him to write a story. I love when spouses are so thoughtful, it's what keeps ya'll together! Shawn did a great job on the writing that you shared. And very clever title! FUN FUN

    ReplyDelete